You may have never pictured yourself in a position where you need an attorney. Most people don’t. Now, you’ve received a traumatic brain injury because of someone else’s mistakes. When this happens, you may be unsure of whom to turn to and what to do to get the treatment you need and get your life back to normal.
One of the most common pieces of advice most people give to injury victims is to hire a lawyer. This advice may cause you some confusion, as you may wonder what a lawyer can do to help you heal.
Here are five ways a Richmond brain injury attorney can benefit you:
- Your attorney can help you understand your legal rights. There is a lot of chaos after an accident. Dealing with insurance companies and having to learn your legal rights after an accident can be stressful, to say the least. A lawyer can give you the clarity you need so that you have a better understanding of all of the components in your case.
- Your attorney can relieve you of having to deal with the insurance companies. Insurance companies profit from paying you the least amount they can. They may harass you to try to accept an early low-ball settlement or may place roadblocks to your claim. Don’t let yourself be overcome by undue stress from the insurance adjuster. Letting a lawyer handle the insurance companies on your behalf can relieve you of this stress while giving you the confidence that your case is being handled well.
- Your attorney can provide a reasoned opinion on what your case is worth. It can be difficult to know how much to accept in compensation for a Virginia brain injury claim. A brain injury lawyer has the experience and skill to know what would be a fair recovery for your brain injury case, so that you can know that you are not accepting too small of a settlement for your claim.
- Your attorney can look for additional sources of compensation. Sometimes, it may be possible to receive compensation for your injuries from more than one insurance policy. A skilled Richmond accident lawyer knows where to look to find all sources of compensation available to you.
- Your attorney can give you peace of mind to help you heal. Above all, you want to focus on healing after an accident. Putting a skilled attorney on your side can give you the peace of mind you need to relax and focus on your recovery rather than a fight.
When you’re ready to hire a Richmond brain injury lawyer, give me a call. The Mottley Law Firm is not a high-volume law firm. That means I can give you the attention you and your case deserves. Call me at (804) 930-1022 to find out how I can help you get a fair and just settlement after a serious injury.