You already have to deal with major changes to your life after a traumatic brain injury (TBI). You don’t need to add any additional frustration by working with a lawyer who doesn’t understand your condition. Take that extra pressure off yourself by finding the right legal representation for your unique situation.
Top 5 Factors to Consider in a Brain Injury Attorney
When seeking a personal injury attorney after a head wound, you should specifically be on the lookout for someone who won’t back down from a challenge. TBI cases are complex, which is why you should look for a lawyer who:
- Provides a personalized experience and has the time to give proper focus to your case. At The Mottley Law Firm, we strive to provide more personal attention to clients by selecting only a small number of cases a year for victims who need world-class representation.
- Has experience dealing with the medical field and insurance adjusters. Damages can be high when dealing with TBI cases due to excessive medical costs, which means insurance companies have a vested interest in reducing a payout or denying a claim. You deserve an attorney who will aggressively defend you and pursue the full and fair amount you are owed.
- Can look beyond the obvious. Your attorney should conduct a thorough investigation into the accident that takes into account the severity of your injuries, the possibility of future medical costs, and non-economic impacts like emotional distress.
- Features an established track record of positive outcomes and has a deep understanding of different injury types. A brain injury caused by a slip and fall in a grocery store requires a different approach than one where a victim is hit by a drunk driver or when a disabled client is hurt because a wheelchair wasn’t properly secured.
- Is a good personal fit for you. The best way to make this determination is to schedule a free consultation and get a gut feeling about your potential attorney while discussing your case. We treat our clients like family and are eager to tell their stories in court. We’d like you to be just as enthusiastic about working with us.
Find an Attorney Who Is the Right Fit for Your Case
Are you looking for an experienced lawyer to hold the negligent party responsible and help with the financial side of your recovery after a traumatic brain injury? Call or message us today so we can learn about your case.