The Mottley Law Firm has strong connections to the Tuckahoe, Virginia community. Our lawyers live in the Tuckahoe community and our founder, Kevin Mottley and his wife, have raised their children in the community, where they attended Tuckahoe Elementary School, Tuckahoe Middle School, and Douglas Freeman High School.
The firm’s office is located in Tuckahoe, near the corner of Forest Avenue and Three Chopt Road at 8001 Franklin Farms Drive, Henrico, Virginia 23229.
The Mottley Law Firm’s lawyers are devoted to helping people who have been injured in a car accident, a motorcycle accident, or any other sort of accident or mishap. This includes clients in the Tuckahoe, Virginia area, as well anywhere else in the Commonwealth of Virginia. To schedule a free consultation, please call us at (804) 409-0876.
No matter how careful you are on the road, you may eventually experience an accident of some kind. More serious collisions often involve major medical expenses and long periods of recovery away from work. Because car crashes are frequently traumatic and disorienting, it's important to know what to do ahead of time and be aware of when to call a lawyer.
Always Take These 6 Steps After Any Virginia Car Accident
Car accident victims have the legal right to receive compensation after a negligent driver causes a collision. In some cases, that may come through an insurance settlement. In others, you may need to file a lawsuit to recover the full damages you deserve.
No matter which route you end up pursuing, always take these six steps after an accident:
- Gather evidence at the scene of the accident if you aren’t immediately taken to the emergency room. Photograph the scene and the vehicles to preserve critical evidence of what occurred.
- Contact the police. They can begin their investigation and you can use this information for your claim.
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible. Starting a paper trail early helps document the extent of your injuries, as well as gauge what medical costs might be required in the future.
- Contact your insurance company, but be aware of what not to say. Don’t agree to a recorded statement, and avoid discussing your injuries with the adjuster, who may take your words out of context to reduce your payout. Instead, only provide the basic facts of the accident and let your attorney handle any other communication.
- Gather and keep records. A variety of evidence sources may be needed to prove negligence and show your costs, from police accident reports to medical records, truck driver work logs, and so on.
- Call an experienced car accident lawyer. No matter the extent of your injuries, always get an attorney’s help after a vehicle collision. Besides helping you avoid insurance tactics to reduce your settlement, an attorney is critical if you need to file a lawsuit against the negligent party.
Tuckahoe Personal Injury Lawyers You Can Trust
We serve the Tuckahoe community from our office located conveniently off of Interstate 64, near Henrico Doctors’ Hospital, within the Tuckahoe community. We welcome clients from throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia, including the communities of Glen Allen, Short Pump, Goochland, Hanover, Richmond, Ashland, Rockville, and Montpelier.
At last count, our attorneys had achieved over $20 million in recoveries for our personal injury clients over the last several years, and we have helped many, many clients who’ve suffered a life-changing injury due to someone else’s negligence. We have a reputation for excellence.
Protect Your Legal Rights to Receive Compensation
If you or a loved one have been injured, and are considering speaking with an attorney, please call us today at (804) 409-0876, and one of our team members will be there to help schedule a free consultation.