The Mottley Law Firm serves the Highland Springs community from our office in Henrico’s west end, which is just a short 20-minute drive from most areas of the Highland Springs community.
The Mottley Law Firm’s lawyers are devoted to helping people who have been injured in a car accident, a motorcycle accident, or any other sort of accident or mishap. This includes clients in the Highland Springs, Virginia area, as well anywhere else in the Commonwealth of Virginia. To schedule a free consultation, please call us at (804) 409-0876.
Personal Injury Lawyers in Highland Springs With Experience You Can Trust
We serve the Highland Springs community from our office located conveniently off of Interstate 64, near Henrico Doctors’ Hospital, a short drive from the Highland Springs area. We welcome clients from throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia, including the communities of Highland Springs, Sandston, Richmond, and Fairfield.
From fender benders that are just a minor annoyance to serious head-on collisions with catastrophic injuries, every accident has a root cause. That cause often involves negligence on the part of a driver, which may make that person liable for your costs. The good news is that if you discover the cause of your accident, you can pursue compensation for medical bills and pain and suffering.
What Caused My Virginia Car Accident?
Anyone who gets behind the wheel of a vehicle has a legal obligation to provide a certain duty of care to both pedestrians and other drivers on the road. Sadly, when drivers neglect that obligation, the chances of a serious wreck and associated injuries increase dramatically. Common causes of car accidents with life-altering injuries include:
- Aggressive driving and outright acts of road rage
- Distracted driving that takes focus away from the road. These behaviors can include texting, looking at GPS directions, adjusting knobs, applying makeup, handing objects to someone in the back seat, and so on.
- Driving before addressing medical issues like untreated sleep disorders or vision problems
- Drug usage, including both illegal narcotics and legal prescription drugs that interfere with driving ability
- Failing to yield when entering roundabouts, making lane changes or turns, when merging, etc.
- Driving while tired is frequently a more dangerous behavior than driving while under the influence of alcohol. In cases of larger vehicles like commercial cargo trucks, tired driving can lead to deadly results.
- Intoxication behind the wheel
- In some cases, the driver may not even be at fault for the wreck. Instead, the manufacturer of a faulty part or an employer who failed to repair a company vehicle in a timely manner may be liable for your damages.
- Reckless driving during bad weather conditions
- Running red lights or ignoring stop signs
How Can I Recover Damages if I Was Injured in a Collision?
No matter what caused the wreck, your next steps should remain roughly the same. Your first order of business, if you are physically capable and don’t have to go to the emergency room immediately, is gathering as much information as possible at the scene.
Be sure to take photos of the accident conditions and the state of your vehicle. From there, talk to any witnesses to gather their contact details. Regardless of how hurt you feel, always make a point to seek medical attention as soon as possible after leaving the scene. After addressing your medical condition, the next step is to retain a car accident attorney for help seeking compensation covering:
- Any medical costs from the injury, including potential future medical procedures or therapy for long-term disability
- Lost wages during the physical recovery period
- Physical pain and emotional suffering
- Wrongful death if a family member or other loved one died due to injuries sustained in the crash
The extreme importance of having both medical documentation and a legal professional on your side to fully investigate the car crash cannot be overstated. You will need to prove negligence on the part of the other party to have a successful outcome in a personal injury lawsuit.
Evidence to Prove Negligence for a Successful Outcome
- Accident reconstruction expert testimony
- Employment records
- Eyewitness accounts of bystanders or other motorists on the road who saw the collision
- Medical records
- Photos taken at the scene of the accident
- Police reports
- Vehicle repair records
- Video camera footage
Talk to a Skilled Highland Springs Car Accident Attorney if You Were Hurt in a Wreck
If you have any suspicion that your accident was caused by negligence, you absolutely need to speak with an attorney. The initial consultation is free, so there’s no reason not to get in touch and find out if an experienced car accident lawyer can help in your situation. Schedule an appointment to discuss your car crash case by calling the Mottley Law Firm directly at (804) 409-0876 or by sending a message online here.
At last count, our Highland Springs serious injury attorneys had achieved over $20 million in recoveries for our personal injury clients over the last several years, and we have helped many, many clients who’ve suffered a life-changing injury due to someone else’s negligence. We have a reputation for excellence. If you or a loved one have been injured, and are considering speaking with an attorney, please call us today at (804) 409-0876, and one of our team members will be there to help schedule a free consultation.