There are a multitude of fun activities to enjoy in Chester and the larger Richmond area. However, if individuals or businesses fail to uphold their basic duty of care, these good times come to a crashing halt. To seek the full compensation you deserve after an act of negligence, whether from a distracted driver or a property owner who failed to fix a staircase, it’s crucial to enlist the help of an attorney.
Main Types of Personal Injury Cases Handled by Chester, VA Attorneys
The point of working with a VA injury lawyer is to have a legal professional on your side who can stand up to the negligent party and their insurer. That helps you maximize your chances of a complete financial recovery.
When it comes to personal injury cases in Virginia, there are a variety of incidents that can cause harm and give rise to a potential claim for compensation. It’s important to look for an attorney who has experience in your specific accident type.
The way a case is approached depends on the personal injury. After all, circumstances involving commercial cargo truck injuries differ greatly compared to someone hurt by a defective product. For example, personal injury attorneys serving the Chester area may cover:
- Car accidents
- Dog bites
- Motorcycle crashes
- Premises liability issues
- Product liability
- Slip, trip, and fall accidents
- Spinal cord damage
- Sports accidents
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Truck collisions
- Work injury incidents
Protecting Your Legal Rights After an Accident in the Chester area
An injury attorney is an essential ally to safeguard your legal rights, whether you slipped and fell at the Villages At Longmeadow or were hit by a negligent driver at Bermuda Square. The simple act of retaining legal counsel often spurs insurance to take your case more seriously.
This isn’t the only benefit of having a personal injury lawyer in your corner, though. Depending on the specifics of your accident, an attorney may also:
- Ask for details from eyewitnesses that could be critical to your financial recovery.
- Gather additional evidence to bolster your claim, such as employee records, expert testimony, healthcare information, video footage, and so on.
- Identify the specific act of negligence that caused the injury and the liable party who offers a good source of financial recovery.
- Offer advice on how to avoid frequent problems that interfere with your financial recovery, such as unrestrained social media usage.
- Present your case in court effectively if a settlement can’t be reached before trial.
- Send demand letters to preserve evidence.
- Take the pressure off by focusing on the legal side of the situation while you focus on your physical recovery.
- Talk to insurance adjusters on your behalf to protect you from common tactics to reduce compensation in a claim. The insurance negotiation process isn’t something you want to approach on your own without a legal representative.
- Value your damages from the injury.
Placing a specific value on your damages following an accident is a significant aspect of the recovery process. You want to make absolutely sure all of your costs are adequately reflected in your compensation. With the help of an experienced attorney, accident survivors can potentially seek compensation like:
- Losses covering missed paychecks during the recovery period
- Lost employment perks, such as bonuses, PTO, or monetary raises you missed
- Lost future earning potential for accidents resulting in long-term disability
- Medical costs (including ambulance transportation, ER visit, in-patient hospital stay, surgeries, therapy, etc.)
- Non-economic damages, such as embarrassment from disfigurement, chronic pain, emotional suffering, and so on.
- Property damage if your vehicle or home were impacted by the accident
- Wrongful death in situations where a loved one passed away from injuries sustained in the accident
Get The Answers You Need About Personal Injury in Virginia
Are you or a loved one struggling financially after a personal injury accident? We have the knowledge to help you navigate this difficult process and will fight tirelessly on your behalf to ensure you receive the full compensation you deserve. Contact the Mottley Law Firm today for a free consultation. Call our Richmond office at 804-409-0876 or use this convenient online contact form.