To receive compensation for your injuries, you need an attorney to perform a comprehensive investigation and prove that negligence was directly responsible for your injury. Here’s what to do if you’ve been hurt in an accident caused by an elderly driver:
- Ensure you, your passengers, and the other driver are all safe.
- Call 911 to contact law enforcement and make sure everyone gets medical attention. Elderly drivers in particular are susceptible to fractures and traumatic brain injuries.
- Photograph the scene, if possible, and gather contact information for any bystanders who witnessed the collision.
- Contact an attorney as soon as possible after being checked out by medical professionals.
- Follow your attorney’s advice on interacting with the insurance company and utilizing social media for the best chance at getting the full compensation you deserve