If you’ve been hurt in a truck accident, you deserve phenomenal legal representation. That’s why choosing an attorney to help protect your legal rights after a crash is one of the most important decisions you will ever make.
What to Look for in a Virginia Truck Accident Lawyer
Whether the path to financial recovery is a settlement from insurance or a court case against the tractor-trailer company, your attorney will need to thoroughly investigate the cause of the accident. That means gathering and presenting evidence to prove liability on the part of the at-fault party.
With truck accidents, the negligent party could be the truck driver, the trucking company that hired the driver, a loading crew, or even the mechanics who handled the vehicle repairs. The wrong choice of representation to undertake this investigation and argue your case can drastically interfere with your ability to financially recover.
When trying to find the personal injury attorney who is right for you, look for a lawyer with key qualities like:
- A strong track record of positive outcomes in Virginia personal injury cases involving auto accidents
- Availability and a willingness to work closely with you to help you understand what is happening at each stage of the case and why
- Dedication to helping people who have been seriously hurt through negligence and deserve full and fair compensation
- Experience in effectively telling a client’s personal injury story in a courtroom
- Knowledge of how truck accidents specifically differ from other car crashes, as well as how to counter common defenses utilized by trucking companies and insurance providers